OM yoga Teacher Training offers an integrated study and practice syllabus with a strong emphasis on “best practices of teaching” as applied to yoga. This training will thoroughly prepare you to teach yoga classes with confidence, clarity and compassion.
Your own asana and meditation practice will become stronger and more stable, as well as your understanding and connection to yoga philosophy. But the gem of this training is that you will gain yoga teaching skills sets, enabling you you to provide positive, wholesome experiences to a wide variety of human beings through teaching good, smart, well-rounded yoga classes.
The OM yoga 200 hour TT course covers:
- safe and healthy alignment principles for every category of asana: forward bending, backward bending, side bending, twisting, balancing, inversions, arm balances and even relaxation.
- how to give effective verbal and hands-on adjustments
- how to integrate yoga philosophy with asana class
- how to create sequences, classes and class themes
- 4 Surya Namaskar sequences
- how to create effective warm-ups
- how to modify poses for beginners
- the deeper meaning of vinyasa and how to teach it
- what it means to be a yoga teacher
- what it means to be a yogi
You will be invited to teach in front of the class from Day One. Graduation of the course requires successful completion of a written exam and a practical teaching exam.
OM 500 TT covers:
Session 1: The Sun Session
- OM yoga Templates: review & breakdown; student teaching & adjusting
- Exquisite Sequencing: how to create warm-up sequences
- Exquisite Sequencing: how to grow a class
- How to Teach Mixed Level: inspiring everyone without “dumbing down”
- Teaching Basics, Using props for all levels
- Teaching with Your Hands: refined hands-on adjustments for every level
- Using props for every level
- OM Meditation TT: Learn & practice shamatha & the Buddhist path (evening)
Each student will be required to attend daily asana class, except for one day when they will be required to observe class.
Session 2: The Moon Session
- OM Meditation TT, Level 2 (how to teach meditation in a group setting)
- How To Teach Advanced
- How To Teach Advanced: Integrating Dharma via targeted physical instructions
- Restorative Teacher Training
- Pranayama Teacher Training
- Written Exam
- Study Group thesis presentations
Most OM yoga Teacher Trainings are held in 10-day intensive sessions.
Each day is from 9-5 or 9:30-5:30.
- 9-10:45 asana class
- 10:45-11:15 break
- 11:15-1:00 teacher training, discussion and hands-on work in partners
- 1:00-2:30 lunch break
- 2:30-5:00 teacher training: looking at and adjusting asanas in groups, practice teaching, getting feedback
In between Session 1 and Session 2 of the OM 200 and OM 500 TT programs, you will be required to do home practice in asana and meditation as well as attend a certain number of asana classes.
There are successful OM yoga teachers, trained in the US, Europe and Japan, working throughout the U.S. and in many other countries, including Japan, Germany, Great Britain, Switzerland, Turkey, Sweden, South Africa and India.
You need to be able to do:
- urdhva danurasana with straight arms
- sirsasana, at or away from the wall
You need to be working on pincha mayurasana and adho mukha vkrsasana, at the wall. If you can’t do these poses yet, as long as you have an understanding of them and are working on the regularly, you can apply.
If you have a special physical condition that prevents you from doing certain asanas, you can still take teacher training. Please let Cyndi know about it and she will discuss options with you. Sometimes having a restriction can make you an even more skillful and kind teacher
But it’s up to you — how diligently you work, how deep you are willing to dig, how creatively you apply yourself to the path of being a yoga teacher — all this will determine if and where you get a job as a yoga teacher.
If you cancel:
* more than 30 days before the program begins, you will receive the registration amount less $100 processing fee.
* 30 days or less before the program begins, you will receive a refund equivalent to half of the tuition price you had paid for the program
* anytime during the program, including the first day, you will not be eligible for any refund.
Refunds will be sent to you within 45 days of cancellation.