OM yoga 200 Hr teacher training: Joining Heaven and Earth
This program, known as the “ivy league” of teacher trainings, will offer a lot of opportunities for students to practice hands-on adjustments and to teach each other, working in groups to understand alignment. Each day will include an asana class, homework assignments, study group discussions and class observations.
There will be reading, writing, meditation, study group or observation homework assignments.
Students will be required to take 20 asana classes, preferably OM yoga style, and to doing one home practice a week, two 30-minute meditation practices a week and keeping a yoga practice journal.
* * Just Announced * *
OM yoga 200 hour Teacher Training
taught by Cyndi Lee in Lynchburg, VA
- What is OM? * September 26-28
Establishing the class mandala, clarifying motivation, discovering the layers of an OM yoga practice as a student and a teacher, Svadyaya, learning to teach 3 variations of Surya Namaskar.
- Not Too Tight, Not Too Loose * October 10-13
(co-taught with Sarla Nichols, weekend finishes at noon on Monday, Oct. 13)
Finding balance through asana, ayurveda, tapas and standing poses. Developing inner vision and outer awareness; caring for self as the ground for caring for others.
- Transitions, Openings & Closings: * November 7-9
Learning sequencing, Creating Thematic Content, Movement relationship to inhaling and exhaling, standing and seated twists
- Turning Upside Down and Inside Out * January 9-11
Inversions & Backbends: understanding how to grow inversions and backbends through sequencing, safe hands-on adjustments, use of props, correct alignment and breathing.
- Yoga Body Buddha Mind * February 6-8
Instruction and practice of mindfulness meditation, Cultivating Lovingkindness meditation, Learning to integrate mindfulness and compassion into the practice of teaching OM yoga.
- Anatomy for Yoga * February 27- March 1
Students will learn anatomy as it specifically applies to yoga Learn to feel and identify anatomical landmarks during asana practice, ie., the scapulae or ischial tuberosities or how the hip relates to Navasana and Virasana – as a path toward gaining confidence in working with students.
- Grounding, Breathing, Restoring * April 10-12
Seated forward bends: preparing, use of props, creating seated sequences
Pranayama: cultivating Breath awareness, kapalabhati, viloma, nadi shodanam and bandhas, The Meaning of Savasana
- Joining Heaven and Earth * May 1-3
- Reviewing hands-on work
- Final Written Exam, Group Teaching Exam
- What Ifs?
- Clarifying your vision as a yoga teacher,
- Dedicating our Practice
- At least one year of committed practice is recommended.
- Working toward doing inversions at the wall: Adho Mukha Vrksasana, Pinca Mayurasana, Sirsasana (If you can’t do them yet, you can apply for the training andwork on getting there by the time the training begins and I will help you!)
- Urdhva Dhanurasana with straight arms
Email Cyndi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Training Info Meeting
- Yoga Body Buddha Mind by Cyndi Lee
- What is Yoga? written by Cyndi Lee
- The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Lovingkindness by Pema Chodron
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar (selected pages required reading, not the whole book)
- OM yoga Beginner/Intermediate DVD – must watch and practice with at least 2 times
- OM yoga and Meditation DVD/CD — must watch and practice one time